Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Monday, February 17, 2014

Baby coming soon!

Baby Boy Coleman (or BBC as I call him when his momma isn't listening) is due in the next week or so.

Kaitlyn took this picture at 34 weeks, so she's bigger now.  My co-workers and I have a weight pool going. Kaitlyn's only 5'2 but Justin is 6' 3" and approximately 275 lbs (he was supposed to play college football til he blew his knee out, so he's not small). The pregnancy has gone really well, for the most part.  Right before Christmas she was diagnosed with gestational diabetes so she's had to monitor her sugars and watch her diet, but she's done great with that. Her blood pressure has been high the last couple weeks, but she's kept it manageable.  

I worked for a midwife for 4 years and attended a few births during that time, so I've been able to keep a "cool head" about the pregnancy. The only thing I'm concerned about is that they will have a 1 and a half hour drive to the hospital where they are delivering, worried that her labor will go really fast, worried that they'll drive up there and it will be false labor, etc..  We will follow them in our car.  She told me she didn't want me to be in the delivery room with Justin and her.  I respect that, so much!  I couldn't tell my mom I didn't want her with me, so that was hard for me.  I do wish that they would have had labor classes, but unfortunately they aren't offered here.  I need to talk to Justin about what to expect and how to help Kaitlyn focus.  I love her, but she's a little bit of a drama queen... LOL I am so glad she doesn't read my blog.

I can't wait to meet the little guy (they are keeping his name a secret), and praying for a safe labor and delivery and a healthy baby and mom!  I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't want anyone but Rick in the delivery room, either, or even to visit for a few weeks! My mom was fine with that, but Rick's mom was quite put out. ha I wouldn't want to be with a drama queen in the delivery room anyway; birth is dramatic (and traumatic!) enough all by itself!

    ReplyDelete